I've recently been gently admonished (by my mom and sister, who I am pretty sure are the only people that read it) for not having posted anything to my blog lately, so I thought I would sit down and try to put something down. I didn't realize it's been over 2 months since my last post! But a lot has been going on during that time, the biggest of which was our trip to China.
Most everyone received (more-or-less) daily emails while we were away, detailing all of our busyness. The upshot is this: we left on Tuesday, November 8; landed in Beijing on Wednesday, November 9; flew to Zhengzhou on Sunday, November 13; celebrated Will's "Gotcha Day" on Monday, November 14; flew to Guangzhou on Friday, November 18; celebrated Sophie's "Gotcha Day" on Monday, November 21; and flew home Thursday, December 1. We celebrated Thanksgiving with chicken McNuggets in our hotel room. We ate some amazing food (guess what (you were right, Todd) -- it really is just called "food" there, not "Chinese food"), saw some incredible sites (Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City, the Great Wall), did some shopping (silk factory, jade factory, pearl market), and got 2 of the 3 cutest kids ever!
It was an insanely exhausting trip, but I'm so thankful that I had the opportunity to join Billy and Vicki on this adventure. I loved spending time with Ava Laurence, seeing where she was raised before joining her Forever Family. I was more than ecstatic to be there when Will and Sophie joined our family. And I was so blessed to get to spend so much time with my bestest friend, my sister. We had a wonderful trip, and I'm pretty sure that's the longest we've ever been in constant contact with each other without making each other completely crazy and somewhat homicidal. Really. We had a blast. We laughed ("It's Shake and Shake...and I helped"), we cried (over our precious A.L.), and became even closer as sisters and friends.
After our return, things were ridiculously busy. I went back to work 2 days after we got back, still exhausted and tremendously jet lagged. It took me weeks to readjust to sleeping during the day again. Christmas came and went. New Year's came and went. And now here we are.
I've really wanted to blog for a while, but have just not seemed to have the time to sit down and do it. I've also had something occupying both my heart and mind, but don't know if I could put it into words even if I felt released to do so. It's nothing terrible, so please don't be concerned, but prayers for enlightenment and revelation would be greatly appreciated. On a related note, God has had me in the book of Song of Songs since some time in September. I've had some revelation since then, but I just can't seem to move on. So again, prayers for revelation are coveted!!
It's at this point that I never really know what to say. I'm trying to end this, but nothing seems quite right. "See you next time!"?? "Love, Kelley"?? I don't know. But I'm finished, so here goes.
The End.
1 comment:
I must say, you did a good job of condensing a 23 day trip into a few words! So glad to see you posting again and SOO glad you are back where you belong!
Post a Comment