I bought, and moved into, my house in August 2009. What I loved about this house was all the little details, such as the built-ins in the kitchen and the tile in the guest bath. Other features included 9 foot ceilings and hardwood floors. Most of the rooms were painted in neutral colors, and I quickly re-painted those that were not. The den, formerly red, became my favorite Martha Stewart Oat Straw. The navy bedroom transformed into an office with Martha's June Iris and my beloved French country curtains. The spare bedroom, once a VERY BRIGHT green, was painted taupe and decorated with some of my favorite pieces. My bedroom was decorated with a lovely bedding set from Restoration Hardware. I couldn't find any curtains to coordinate, so we purchased some fabric and made them. It was, um, okay, but never really felt quite right.
Until now.
I've wanted to redecorate my bedroom for the longest time, but kept going back and forth on exactly what I wanted. Strangely enough, the one room I rarely go in, my spare bedroom, had the exact feel I wanted in my own room. So, with that in mind, I set off to gather the materials I needed. I ordered curtain fabric from amazon.com (no kidding, you can buy fabric by the yard for great prices), and decided to re-use my white bedding I had used before. Mama and I then spent a Saturday hitting up all the local antiques shops for decorative goodies. We finally got it all put together yesterday. (Disclaimer: I plan to repaint my antique iron headboard/footboard in a peppy color, repaint my side table in my favorite creamy white "Quail Egg", and purchase a couple of different lamps, but I just had to go ahead and post some pics.)
So here are the fruits of our labor:
3 comments:
Is it wrong to covet your sister's curtains? I'm pretty sure it is. LOVE them and the rest of the room looks great! I think your bed would be pretty in a bright coral-red of some kind, just in case your taking suggestions.
Very pretty! I agree with Vicki on the color.....coral-red. You two did a good job!
I guess that makes it unanimous - cause I agree with Vicki's suggestion of paint for the bed. I have to say the vision was all Kelley's - I was just the helper in the execution of it!
Post a Comment