26 August 2011

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year...almost

I love fall. And while I realize it's still hot as Hades here in the Deep South, I have visions of variously colored leaves dancing in my head. The last couple of weeks or so we've had some hints of things to come. As I left work one morning, I noticed a crispness in the air. Today, there was actually a breeze blowing the trees around in my yard. You can't imagine how giddy I am with excitement that fall is finally on its way.

I'm not sure why I love fall so much. Maybe it's because I'm a November baby. Maybe it's because of the delicious hues of amber, orange, cranberry, and chocolate that begin to decorate the landscape. For whatever reason, I love it. I love every aspect of it. I get excited at the thought of new beginnings and changes. I love pumpkins, Fall Festivals, long sleeves, and new jackets. I love football games on chilly nights. I love Thanksgiving with friends and loved ones. In case you missed it, I just love fall.

And it's coming. I can feel it.

No comments:

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
--Ferris Beuller