30 January 2013

Revelation

I love a fresh revelation.  And I love it even more when you hear yourself speaking something that you've never even consciously thought of, and you immediately recognize it -- even as it's coming out of your mouth -- as truth and revelation.

The other night at work, a couple of coworkers and I were discussing dating, relationships, etc.  I commented that although I've dated a little and had a couple of relationships, I'm not really "into" dating.  I hate the idea of it, honestly.  It's like trying on shoes when you know exactly what you're looking for, but the stores have nothing like it.  Anyway, back to the other night...

As we were talking, I was explaining my lack of enthusiasm toward dating when this came out of my mouth:

"When you are in an intimate (physically or otherwise) relationship with someone, you give them a part of you.  And if you give a little bit to this person and a little bit to that person, by the time you find the person you're supposed to marry, you won't have your whole self to offer to that person."

Seriously, as I was saying it, I heard it and thought, "Now that's profound."  It sums it up perfectly.  And even though that's not exactly why I choose not to date around, it's good to think that I've managed to "accidentally" avoid that.  And of course I realize that it's no accident, but rather God directing my path.   Good job, God!!

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

That is profound!! You have a good head on your shoulders and you use it!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
--Ferris Beuller